DR46 Motorcycle Attenuator
DR46® Motorcycle Barrier Attenuator (MBA)
The DR46 MBA is designed to attach to standard roadside guardrail to protect errant motorcyclists from the guardrail post during a fall or collision. The use of The DR46 MBA under guardrail reduces the risk of the motorcyclist impacting dangerous guardrail posts.
The DR46 MBA is easy to install with a simple connection to existing guardrail posts. It can greatly decrease the injury and fatality rates of motorcycle guardrail accidents without
interfering with guardrail performance. The DR46 Motorcycle Barrier Attenuator is a physically flexible system that can follow
radius curves as tight as 50' [15 m].
- Significantly reduces injuries and fatalities to motorcyclists
- Attenuator absorbs energy and redirects the impacting motorcyclist by preventing the motorcyclist from impacting guardrail posts
- Bright yellow color acts as a warning to all motorists
- Follows radius curves as tight as 50' [15 m]
- Ideal for context sensitive design applications
The DR46 MBA has been successfully utilized in Europe through Snoline S.P.A. (a Division of Lindsay Transportation Solutions), with the support of Politecnico of Milan and the Italian motorcyclist associations.
Please call for availability! - (808)847-4017